Sunday, June 21, 2009

Training in Wetumpka



This weekend Kristin and I went to Wetumpka to train for our race. We hired a guide and on Saturday we ran the river. It was really easy in our sit-on-top but there were a few places where we needed to know where to go to make sure we didn't miss any of the challenges. It was class II rapids and one class III, moccasin gap. We ran the gap a few times and it is not bad as long as you know where the best line is. Sunday we went mountain biking. Turns out I am really bad at mountain biking. I don't know why I was surprised I was never really good at riding a bike. I guess I just hoped somehow I had gotten better by not doing it for 10 years. I guess life doesn't work that way. So now I am going to have to train twice as hard just to be able to finish the course. You how people always compare stuff to "riding a bike", I hope they are wrong.

No comments: