Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Canoe Trip


In March we canoed down the Big Escambia Creek. Brandon and Melissa(with their 2 newfoundlands) camped out with us at the Magnolia Branch Reserve(the Indian's campground). They also have a Casita. We took Chewie for his first real camping trip. We cooked out and relaxed Friday night.

Saturday Jason and Brandon dropped a car in Flomaton and Melissa and I walked the dogs then we hit the river. Chewie rode with us and the Newfs stayed in the camper. We packed a picnic lunch and stopped on one of the many sand bars to eat and chewie had a great time playing fetch and swimming. We saw some good sized bass but it was bright and the water was clear and long story short no one caught anything. I took my fishing pole that I use to fish for kitties(it has a lure tied to it but no hook). I didn't really want to catch anything or buy a fishing license and then when I didn't catch anything at least I had an excuse. And not having a hook obviously didn't hurt my chances since no one else caught anything either. We paddled for over four hours. I thought that since we were going down stream that the paddling would be easy but the wind was kickin and blowing against us the whole way so we actually got a pretty good workout.

No comments: