Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another look at Bay Minette Basin

My mom and I decided to go kayaking this morning. I wanted to launch at the Causeway and explore the Whiskey Ditch but it was VERY foggy this am. I didn't want to get runned over by a boat so we decided to launch at Buzby's instead. I have launched here twice. The first time Jason and I went up stream and the river was ok but pretty wide and the second time I went with Michele and Karen and we went downstreatm to the Basin and circled around the south half. Again open water and developed shores. So I went into this paddle with expectations of a pleasant paddle but nothing special. We launced downstream and went around the top half of the Basin just to go somewhere new. OMG, it was the best paddle. Very shallow(read no motor boats), grassy mazes, blooming spider lillies, protected waters, 3 alligators, constant birdsong, it was awesome. I wish I had taken a camera. The weather was perfect, it was warm with a cool breez, minimum current, splashing fish...

No comments: